Everyone wants to get more Facebook fans. It’s a numbers game- a popularity contest- and the more you have, the more you will get because you have social proof. When you have more fans, you have a bigger reach to market to and it also shows potential clients and customers that other people like you and trust you enough to be a fan of your page.
Having more fans is about more than just a numbers game. It’s about building your list, reaching your target market and increasing brand awareness. These are things that every business wants to achieve but technology and Facebook now make it easier in some ways. Of course, social media is only one part of the big picture of marketing and promoting.
And maybe you’re not a business at all but you still want more fans. You could have a personal page or run a fan account or a page for fun and you want to reach more people. These same tips will work for you as well. That is the beauty of Facebook.
Here are five ways to get more Facebook fans:
- Ask for them. It sounds so simple because it is. If you ask people to like your page, there’s a very good chance some of them will! So don’t be afraid to just ask, especially if you already have a following elsewhere.
- Hold a contest or promotion. Who doesn’t like the chance to get something for free? Just make sure you do a legal Facebook contest since there are specific rules you need to follow.
- Design a page that people will love. You can’t expect to get a ton of fans if you have a crappy page. It sounds simple but you’d be surprised at how many people and businesses have poor quality pages but complain about not getting fans.
- Cross promote. If you already have a following on your blog or website, or on another social networking site, then take some time to advertise your page there. Cross promoting can be an excellent way to get more fans.
- Use Facebook ads. FB Ads are a very effective way of getting more fans. It can also be cost-effective if you learn the right tips and tricks for successful Facebook advertising. You can choose your budget, no matter how large or small, and you can target a very specific group of people.
Here are five simple methods you can begin today for getting more fans to your Facebook page. This site allows you to get more fans to your Facebook page if you want a jumpstart on these other methods.
Remember when trying to get new fans, and even once you have them, that you need to build a quality page and share information that people really want to see if you hope to keep them. When you are engaging your fans with great content they will also help you by sharing it, increasing the reach and meaning more people are likely to see your content and follow you, too.
Tracy Sharp is a big fan of Facebook. When she’s not using Facebook, she’s writing tips and tutorials to help others master the social site.